Kristen Van Uden serves as an author spokesperson at Sophia Institute Press. She received her MA in History from the College of William & Mary and her BA in History & Russian from Saint Anselm College. She previously studied the persecution of Catholics under communist regimes. She has been featured on a wide range of media platforms including Coast to Coast AM, The Federalist, and the Catholic Faith Network.
- How does Chesterton address the destructive nature of moral relativism?
- How was today’s deification of “science” apparent even among the humanists of his time (1910)?
- How did Chesterton predict cancel culture? He laments the absence of true controversy – instead, people avoid the issues altogether. Ideologues passive aggressively tip-toe around topics rather than simply and cleanly argue with ideological opponents. In today’s discourse, where one can easily block on Twitter rather than engaging with opposing viewpoints, what would Chesterton say about the importance of having true, classical ideological enemies and a balanced art of debate?
- What does Chesterton diagnose as “The New Puritanism”?
- Chesterton foresaw the horror of modern dating sans commitment. He asserts that it is impossible to develop any real bond with someone who may leave at any minute. What are Chesterton’s prescriptions for a happy marriage?
- How does Chesterton address feminism as a danger to the family and to society?
- Chesterton refers to the “dehumanized poverty of modern industrialism.” What is his ideal economic program? How is a nation’s economy a direct reflection of its social values, and vice versa?
- Ultimately, Chesterton foresees that what today’s media labels as “progress” is an enemy to humanity. He diagnoses what would become “woke capital” as the unholy alliance between big corporate interests and social progressivism.
- Chesterton wrote this book almost a decade before his conversion to Catholicism. How is the evolution of his thinking apparent?
- Many religious conversions are preceded by first turning to cultural conservatism. How are Chesterton’s ideals herein reflective of that spectrum?
TWO WAYS TO GET THIS PROGRAM
1)VIDEO INTERVIEW (TCK VIDEO INTERVIEW MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED, GET ACCESS TO ALL THE YEARS I HAVE BEEN VIDEO INTERVIEWING ‘(22′, 21′, 20′ AND 19’ ) CLICK BELOW